See some of the most commonly asked questions below.
Is NexNav subject to USA export rules?
USA Export Compliance Information: ECCN for NexNav GPS Sensors and Receivers is 7A994 NLR. Check the Commerce Control Country Chart and research your end user to determine possible licensing requirements.
What certification standards are authorized for NexNav solutions?
- US FAA TSO-C145c – both GPSSUs (GPS Sensor Units) NexNav mini GPS SBAS WAAS Class Beta-1 and NexNav MAX SBAS WAAS Classs Beta-1, -2, -3 (LRU – Line Replaceable Units).
- NexNav mini and MAX receiver CCAs (Circuit Card Assemblies) are fully compliant with US FAA TSO-C145c and are the CCAs at the heart of the NexNav certified GPSSUs.
Are NexNav solutions compliant with US FAA Advisory Circular 20-165 regarding ADS-B GPS source?
- The NexNav mini GPS SBAS WAAS Class Beta-1 only, is fully compliant with AC 20-165.
- The NexNav MAX GPS SBAS WAAS Class Beta-1, -2, -3 compliance with AC 201-165.
What RTCA standards do NexNav units meet?
- All NexNav solutions, GPSSU and CCAs, fully meet RTCA DO-229D Minimum Performance Standards, with no deviations.
- GPS solutions must meet DO-229D MPS as a part of authorization for TSO-C145c and NexNav mini and MAX are authorized TSOC145c, by the US FAA.
Is NexNav manufactured in the USA?
- Final production of all NexNav solutions is accomplished in our Anchorage, Alaska facility (GPSSU TSOA) or Phoenix, Arizona (CCA conformity).
- As with all modern avionics manufacturers, Aspen Avionics secures parts globally so long as they are fully conformed to and meet our US FAA-approved Quality Management System requirements.
Does Aspen Avionics have a parts obsolescence monitoring program?
- Yes. Aspen Avionics monitors all our suppliers and Build of Material (BOM) for obsolescence issues so that we can insure a continuous supply of quality products.
Does Aspen Avionics have a counter-counterfeit parts program?
- Yes. As with part obsolescence monitoring, Aspen Avionics monitors all our suppliers and Build of Material (BOM) for counterfeit parts issues so that we can insure a continuous supply of quality products.
- Aspen Avionics has a rigorous incoming inspection program as well as periodic audit and re-certification of all suppliers. Aspen Avionics enforces this by making sure contract manufacturer sources parts with certificate of conformance from approved vendors.
Do NexNav solutions meet military standards?
- NexNav solutions are civil GPS solutions, only, and do not provide the GPS military position service.
- NexNav solutions can be fitted to most military transport aircraft (be sure to check USA export compliance rules) providing civil ADS-B compliance in those regions requiring such GPS sourcing, such as North America and Europe.
- ALL installations on non-USA military aircraft must be in accordance with USA export regulations.
What software development standards do NexNav solutions meet?
- All NexNav solutions are developed and certified to the US FAA approved RTCA DO-178 Design Assurance Levels standards.
- All NexNav solutions are developed and certified to the US FAA approved RTCA DO-254 for complex electronic hardware.